Summer Series this evening at Ermington, an area previously only known to me due to "The Ermo" aka Ermington Pub a favourite of the guys that worked at the warehouse we ran in my old job.
No quiet ales today, although the weather was actually reasonable for a change. A quick scan of the map and it looked like a lot of running with some hills near Marsden Rd if you headed east.
Sorted out my "optimum" route which had a few short cut options on the way back if time got too much. To pick up good points you really needed to venture to the other side of Silverwater Rd and crossing points were highlighted on the map. I was still running away from the start/finish at the half way point but had a much straighter run back, with those planned shortcuts.
45 minutes clicked over about 750 metres out with 2 controls worth 50 points still to be found on the way home. For the last third of the run I kept on crossing paths with one of the better vets but after we sorted the last point I really opened up to try and minimise any further point loss. Ended up finishing with 49:53 and I think he just squeezed in 5 secs later! Felt quite good really striding out, sort of like the 400's I did last week.
Anyway the stats were 9.7km in 49:53 which has an avg pace of 5:09, my fastest SS pace! My score was 450 less the 50 points for being late which gave me 400. When I left I was on top of the leaderboard with the next best score of 380 and then a few 340-320's. This was indeed a first but there were still a few fast guns out running.
Recovery day tomorrow, I'll do a reccie for the 3km I'm planning for Friday.
Also got my follow up with the Sports Specialist Dr but am more confident by the day that even if there is a slight problem it seems to be improving and I'm stepping up the training.
2 comments:
Interested to see what your route choice was to compare to mine. I was back in 48:08 and scored 370 less 30 for the 3 minutes late so I was one of those scoring 340 (hey when I left I was top of the leader board). I just did a rough measure of my course (no fancy equipment for me) and I just under 8.5 km.
My route was :
22 1 10 4 25 5 15 20 30 11 19 8 18 28 17 27 7 16 6 26 24 14
The map was too big to do my usual scan.
Post a Comment