And it truly was revisited, twice in 2 days, first riding and then running.
Set off with the 6:10 group which was larger than recent times that I have seen. Including a number of CR, Blue Dog, Spud, gnscon, MikeF and Cherry. Some of the guys were a little excitable and so the pace was on a bit faster than expected. I gave the guys a bit of a dig but nonetheless we got down to the bottom of Bobbin Head (17km) at around 5 min/km rather than 5:30 pace.
From there it was tough going. I kept the faster guys in sight all the way up the main climb but they slipped away as the slope levelled off. gnscon and I shuffled positions back and forward as he alternated run/walk while I just ground out the run.
My form had been fairly good but from Mt Colah I sensed it was going to be a bash home. However in pushing on I also started to work out that my rhs foot problem may actually be a side effect of the lhs core muscle problems. I sensed I was "slapping" my rh foot to compensate for the lack of being able to stretch out the lhs.
Anyway an ugly last couple of km but still at a fair pace to round out the run, the back bit of the run had a few surprises to test the legs out when least wanted.
Stats 30.9km in 2:44 (avg pace 5:18 min/km and avg HR 159)
Just realised I have been a little naughty given no STaR last weekend the last 7 days came out to around 93km, not to mention cycling as well (yikes!). Legs are pretty (ok very) bashed up and I'll enjoy a day of complete R&R.
Overall a great run, running Bobbin Head was great to do after all the rides I've done through there.
1 comment:
Geez mate - you're making me look pitiful. Great kms this last week - keep it up and Sydney marathon will be a breeze
Post a Comment