Thursday, June 30, 2005

June review

After a pretty haphazard start to the month with niggling injury problems I am very pleased with the end result for June. The total distance ended up at 292km, which is also incidentally the highest amount for a month since March 2004. This is even better given I did not even run the first 5 days of the month. Also a good sign is that the distance was not dominated by STaR running on Sundays with only 1 STaR in the whole of June. Finally a much better month compared to the doldrums I was in last year with only 143km this time last year.

It only goes up from here in terms of distance as we approach 10 weeks out till Sydney. The STaRs will need to be a good backbone.

Highlights for June - consistent training after a slow start

Lowlights - the battle with niggles/injuries, although this seems to be on the improve

No comments: