Woke up this morning with the sound of heavy rain falling. That coupled with the knowledge that is was already cold was enough for me to roll over and go back to sleep!
A hard day at work and I left a little early aiming to do my run in the afternoon. While it had been raining near home it seemed pretty clear when I set out. The usual run down to the weir and by the time I got there most of the light had gone. I had also got down there at a fairly fast clip. Back through the park, it started raining halfway along, all the way to the top gates and then back home along Lane Cove and Cox's Roads. Pretty drenched with a combo of rain and sweat but quite satisfied with the run although I started to flag just near the end but then saw why in the after run Garmin analysis.
Distance of 15.km in 1:10:08 which has an avg pace of 4:37 and an avg HR of 170 (maybe a bit too hard but it felt pretty good).
I'm going to pass on both the CR 5km challenge and/or the 8km recovery run scheduled and opt for a rest day to ensure a good run on Sunday for the Woodford to Glenbrook.
Weekly summary
In the end a long week with a big start. Total distance of 90km. The Parrot predictor says 3:23:59.
Have to say I am very pleased with my progress so far, if tonight's run is any indication my endurance is certainly improving, who knows about speed, I suppose we'll find out next Saturday @ the Homebush 10km. Next week the program had 84km in total scheduled.
No comments:
Post a Comment