Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Recovery

Monday - Rest (and drink!)

Tuesday - Recovery

After the battering I gave myself last week and in particular on Sunday (not to mention too much to drink yesterday either) today was a designated recovery run day.

Looking for a somewhat more level run than I usually do and so headed to Nth Ryde Common and did 2 laps of that on the grass. That combined with running there and back plus a little loop at the end saw 7.3km in 39 minutes (avg pace 5:21, avg HR 159).

I am amazed how after a long run like Sunday all of a sudden the pain from the niggles goes away but is replaced by other niggles. This time my calf muscles were both tight. However once I got going the calves were fine. It was a effort to hold the pace this morning and I am not happy with this circuit to use as my recovery run route, back to the drawing board!

Another fairly heavy week which is designed as another base building week before I embark upon the 12 week Pfitzinger program.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Niggles are strange - I haven't figured them out. They can disappear as quickly as they arrive. I think it's good to run 'niggles' out.

I must look up that PP marathon plan - sounds interesting. Good luck Dave!