Yes and so what do I do but go out earlier than normal as I had to get across town (to Milperra) for a 9am meeting.
Aiming for 18km and running in the dark meant avoiding LCNP first up so I headed across ro Quarry Road and ran up to Denistone, extending my usual route to try and make it closer to the goal. In doing so I think I managed to find every hill in North Ryde/Denistone and Marsfield! Got back on the usual circuit near Macquarie Centre and then ran back through a still quite dark, and cool, LCNP.
Ended up with only 15.7km in 1:18:30 (avg pace 5:00 min/km and avg HR 164). The run was a good effort today and despite the cold I was drenched with sweat by the finish. All of that hill running certainly had an effect.
Recovery tomorrow before another longer run on Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment