Thursday, June 30, 2005

Rain man

After wimping out this morning with the sound of very heavy rain as I awoke, once again headed out for a late afternoon session to try and stick with the program. The wife just shook her head as I geared up and went out the door. To be honest it was not that bad, mostly a slight drizzle with a good wind to push it around and occasionally a heavier downpour.

Headed on the usual trek down to the weir in LCNP, quite a deal of ground water on the road. The water level over the weir was pretty impressive, you certainly would not want to try and walk across the normally dry causeway. Back up through the park and then an extended run along Lane Cove Road before returning home via Quarry Rd. Certainly felt a lot better than Tuesday, although the legs started to get a little heavy near the end.

I am very pleased that I went out,a good reinforcement of the mental committment I need to make in around 10 weeks time. Would have been way too easy not to run today. For the first time ever, I saw absolutely no one in the whole time that I was in LCNP.

Stats 16.8km in 1:22:22 (avg pace 4:54 and avg HR 167)

1 comment:

J'Og said...

our downpours are the equivalent of your drizzles, so i can only imagine how much water was coming down.

you aussies and kiwis are my heros when it comes to braving the elements.