Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Witch Doctor Visit

Made an appointment to see the resident witch doctor for a number of Striders and CR in an effort to sort out glute problem. Had to fill in a pretty extensive questionaire but then he got to work. First was a series of accupuncture needles in my butt for about 15-20 minutes. Then he did some spinal manipulation. We then talked through my xrays from last year when the groin probem first surfaced. At that time it indicated I may have had the right leg shorter than the left, which he confirmed. However unlike the other people I had been seeing he immediately wanted to put in a heel lift on the rhs orthotic to address this difference. After that and getting some arneca cream he sent me off, wanting to see me in 2 weeks.

Have to admit initially the glute was as sore if not sorer, but overnight it has improved significantly but I opted to rest today regardless. Probably part of the soreness yesterday afternoon could also be attributed to the maximal testing I did in the morning (see previous post).

No comments: