Saturday, June 18, 2005

More Riding

As planned up in Gosford for the weekend and organised to go for a ride with some of my old cycling mates from the Central Coast Cycling Club. As it happens they had a race at Calga and so we met at 12:30 to ride up for the race. Great fun cruising along catching up, they gave me a hard time reckoning I was riding too hard since they had to race. At the race start also caught up with a few other familiar faces from 10-15 years ago. Very tempting to race and I probably would have if not for the fact you must have a license.

I watched the A, B & C grade start and then headed off along the same route about 2 minutes behind C Grade knowing that D Grade would also not be far behind. Riding at training pace sure enough after about 5km D grade came through, I let the bunch go past and then when I was about 50m behind them upped the effort to ride at the same pace. Managed this pretty easy and in fact had to ease off when I started catching them going up the long hill into Peats Ridge. They turned around and I kept on going all the way to Somersby before taking a back road back to Kariong and home.

All up 59.2km in 2:17 (avg speed 26kph and avg HR 137) as you can see the slower start (warm up) affected avg speed and HR, I really did push it coming home and it was a great ride over some very familiar territory.

1 comment:

J'Og said...

glad to hear you're still getting in challenging workouts while the other bits heal up. keep it up, dave!