Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Back to the hills

A little surprising that it has been a month since my last lot of hill reps, very slack! To recap, this last session saw 17 reps of Cox's Rd Hill (which I think is around 310 metres) at an average rep time of 1:42 and average recovery of 1:53. Today consciously I wanted to run each rep hopefully under 1:40. Added to that I was going to focus more on form as suggested by Fats in a post to Cool Running.

Have to call the session a success, knocking out the standard 17 reps but at a new average of 1:39, although the average recovery drifted a little as well to 1:57.

A good indicator that things seem to be going in the right direction as there was no real blowout on any rep. A rest tomorrow moring and them some faster running with Summer Series at East Lindfield.

4 comments:

Clairie said...

Great Session Dave. Sometimes having that extra rest makes you stronger and more able to sustain the speed on the reps. Though just a few seconds extra rest I am more inclined to believe that you have just improved that much recently.

Tesso said...

Well done on the hills Dave.

And thanks for the link to Fats post. Might even try it myself this week.

Katie said...

17 reps... what an effort!!! How does cox rd compare to Lillyfield rd?

2P said...

Your blog always reminds me what I should be doing! I need to get going on some hill reps - wouldn't hurt me to do a summer series event too.....

Sounds like a great session - well done Dave.