Friday, January 06, 2006

Wet run

Thursday - rolled over and ignored the alarm, the sound of rain extinguishing any motivation to get out the door *bad*

Friday - A lateish night but stumbled out of bed and then the door. Seemed to be very humid and for some reason I really struggled to get into a good rhythm. The lower shins seemed a little tender, even after a day off, but I ground my way down to the weir, which was flowing for a change, thus giving my shoes a quick bath.

Back up through the 10km course and near the rangers hut was awarded with my second boof sighting of the morning as he cruised down the hill. I picked the pace up a little on the downhill towards home but today was not an attractive run in terms of form. It is funny how on Wednesday I felt very smooth after a day off backing up from 3 hard days, today, even though the pace was ok everything seemed to be a lot harder.....

Stats
Distance : 14.5km
Time : 1:10:59
Avg Pace : 4:54
Avg HR : 156

Maybe it was the humidity? I was absolutely saturated in sweat at the end of the run and it took some time to stop sweating after my usual "extra" exercises.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Not bad - just recovering :-D

Tesso said...

We've been having a touch of that humidity up here too Dave - at least all that sweating makes you feel like you've done something.

But I'm intrigued, what are the "extra" exercises ... or shouldn't I ask ;-)

Katie said...

Not too shabby for a humid run... and a few hills :-) Its my fav star un sunday... see you fly by ;-)