Friday, June 17, 2005

Long end of week

Back in Sydney town and the schedule calls for another medium/long run.

The temperature was not too bad but heading down Scribblys was noticeably colder, ok it was very cold. Decided to run up the river this time and popped out on the cycleway on the north side of Ryde Road. Zig zagged through to Macquarie Centre and then along the nice cycle track to Quarry Road. All the way down to Field of Mars cemetry and then through East Ryde to home. This course is shall we say a little more undulating and the legs really started to feel the pinch coming home.

Ended up with 14.6km in 1:12:56 (avg pace 4:59 and avg HR 163).

Headed up to my parents place at Gosford for the weekend and was thinking about running with the Terrigal Trotters on Saturday morning. Given the running I have been doing however I won't now but will probably go for a ride with one of my mates up to the Central Coast Cycling Club races at Calga.

Then it is Poor Mans Comrades on Sunday for some LSD stuff.

Weekly Summary (given no running tomorrow and cycle/cross training doesn't count!)

75km for the week. Legs are noticeably tired and the niggles as niggling again. Minimal weight loss so far but overall I think the fitness is certainly picking up. Interesting that I have already run more than I did in April or May and am just about to pass the June total from 2004. So motivation is certainly much better.

Next week, after the PMC shennanigans the "proper" 12 week program begins as per Pfitzinger.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope you enjoy the P.M Comrades on Sunday & that it's not as cold where you're running as it is here!