In the weeks since Canberra normally I would have rolled over and gone back to sleep this morning but was pretty motivated to finish the week on a high so out I went!
Same course as the longer run on Wednesday but for a change as I was headed back up the course from the weir turnaround I saw another CR!! I know the face and probably the name but cannot put the 2 together. Anyway rolled around the rest of the run.
Finished with 14.5km again and about 20 secs faster than Wed. (Avg pace 4:48, avg HR 167)
Thats it for the week running wise. Tomorrow I'll head out for a recovery/cross train session on the bike. One of the fathers we know quite well from school is a good cyclist and has been itching for me to get back on the bike and go for a ride with him. As it happens probably through Bobbin Head which is also where I'll be running the STaR on Sunday.
Weekly recap
62km this week which is all the more impressive given no Sunday STaR. Looking back through the log that is the biggest week I have done since 6ft track. For the newish type runners who I chat with it is a case of do as I say, not as I do! While this does contravene the 10% rule significantly I do have somewhat of a good base still.
Also the Parrot is back (and we are not talking about Gloria here) and says that an indicative Marathon time would be 3:19:33.
6 comments:
I can't keep up Dave. Stop changing the rules on me. Last week, it was break or break through; this week - always obey the 10% rule...you change your mind more times than a girl ;-)
Have a great weekend and enjoy the STaR. J
The 10% rule doesn't work for me either. I was terrible at maths! Great location for a bike ride Dave - have fun.
Oh damn, I thought I had a good excuse to break the 10% rule, which I plan to this week! Now I'll have to think of another one...DOH!
You are building nicely Dave and seem to be getting over your injuries. Just remember to not get too far ahead of yourself.
What the hell is the Parrot Predictor and how does it work ?
10% rule = Improve 10% and catch Blue Dog.
Post a Comment