Wednesday
Up before the sparrows for a very early flight to Melbourne so no chance for a run. However I did get out late in the afternoon. Ran along the Yarra River to the bridge near Anderson Street and then did close to three laps of the Tan, finishing the third a little short at the official start/finish point then ran back along the Yarra to the hotel. Lots of people (and groups) out on the Tan, it was a tad cool as well. Not sure why but I seem to run fairly strongly when I do this course and this was a hard session, finished feeling a bit tight.
14.5km in 1:07:40 (avg pace 4:40 and avg HR 170)
Thursday
Snuck out for a recovery run and again along the Yarra, this time up to the rail bridge an return. A bit sluggish but did stretch out ok towards the end.
7.4km in 38:30 (avg pace 5:12 and avg HR 159)
Things are still somewhat tight and it seems I may lose the toenail off the 2nd toe on the rh foot. Ice tonight with some self massage to get ready for another 15km type length run tomorrow.
1 comment:
Mate - good to see you're down there showing the mexicans how to run.
Glad to also hear your second toenail is about to go. I still haven't had either grow back properly from about 12 months ago. There's nothing wrong with missing second toenails!
Post a Comment