Friday, July 08, 2005

Another longish run

Thursday was a recovery run of just under 8km in 41 minutes (5:14 min/km avg HR 155)

Today had another medium/long run down. Headed out a bit later than my normal morning run time, still enjoying the holidays. Felt a little sluggish on the way out. Stopped at the weir for a quick drink and then ran into Mr G out on his morning run. Together we headed back and had a bit of a chat. It was good running with him as I lifted my pace a little. He mentioned that we would probably also see MPHaz and sure enough at around the 2km mark he came past in the opposite direction, all rugged up! I bade Mr G farewell at Scribblys (no way I was running back up there today). Continued along to Macquarie Centre and then along the bike path. Turned off early at Bridge Rd as the legs were starting to feel the pinch.

Ground out the last couple of km with pretty heavy legs. I think I actually ran out of fuel as much as anything else, was very hungry at the end.

17.9km in 1:29:46 (avg pace 5:01 avg HR 160).

I have a recovery run scheduled for tomorrow, given there are CR drinks tonight there is an even chance this may not happen.

No comments: