Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Cold!

Related to weather, and not health that is.

A shorter run today which again included a trip to Rotary for some 100m strides.

Everything felt pretty good in the extended warm up but it was cold and then when I got to Rotary field there was a frost on the ground and they had the sprinklers on as well! Managed to avoid most of the water but a nice mental diversion as the sprinklers were turning on an off around the track in some programmed routine as I was running.

The strides in general felt pretty good, in the last couple I mentally tried to adjust my form so I was actually running more with a fore/mid footplant rather than my usual heelstrike. This did seem to make a difference.

Ended up with 11km in total at 5 min/km pace.

Long one tomorrow which with me now being back at work means an early rise, looks like I'll be foregoing the tour tonight :(

3 comments:

miners said...

Mate, that's no way to show any commitment to building up the stamina! Get the matchsticks out and make sure you watch the Tour with me tonight

Superflake said...

Cadel Evans is on a breakaway no slacking now the Marathons in September.

J'Og said...

i'll record it for you. =)