Wednesday, July 20, 2005

River Run revisited

Another "medium long" session scheduled for today. Requiring 24km so I decided to run the River Run Star course that I ran last week. Not as cold as yesterday, even though I was out before the sparrows. Took a little while to warm up but was soon moving pretty freely.

Got back home in just over 1:56 which is over 4 minutes quicker than last time. Part of that was me fumbling in the dark at Buffalo Creek but I'd still say an improvement. Average pace was 4:57 which I am also pretty happy with, this course is undulating, more so than the Western Wanderer from Sunday but I was still pretty close to the mark on pace.

Not a peep out of the LH achilles so we'll put that down as sorted, shins still tender and rh in particular was getting tired. Legs feel much more smashed up through the day post run, but I did not use any Opti, might start doing that for these sessions.

Recovery day tomorrow!

2 comments:

Spud said...

Hey Dave, with the mileage you are starting to put in you might wanna consider an ultra post Sydney?
:-)

Good running around that area too.

silverfox said...

Dave

I am just checking blogs and clearly there is a mid week long run pattern on wednesday! I think it is the key run for the week, where you can start to get a feel for your marathon pace under duress even if its not for the entire run. If you are running hills it just makes it that much more beneficial too. Dave, keep it up mate, it will count and some come September. Hope to catch up soon.