Saturday, July 16, 2005

Update

Well the LHS achilles continues to trouble so I did turn the recovery run on Thursday into a rest day. On Friday I set out on another semi long run, for the first 15km everything was very good. Slowly after that the achilles started to niggle again. Regardless it still does not seem to actually trouble the running. A good hit out again, felt very relaxed in this run until around the mark where the achilles started to complain. I'm adding in a climb up Pittwater Rd to home for my long runs now, it's about 1km long uphill and the theory is to really give the already tired legs/lungs a hit to simulate the last section of the marathon at Sydney which will be tough.

Stats 21.1km (hey that distance seems familiar!) in 1:44:01, avg pace 4:56.

I decided to also take Saturday off completely rather than run and have decided not to run KOM tomorrow, opting for the flatter 30km STaR in Sydney's inner west.

Weekly summary 90km (target was 106km but only dropped 2 recovery runs).

I will see the physio on Monday to work on the achilles.

1 comment:

CJ said...

I'm training for the Sydney marathon and you've got me worried with the statement "...the last section of the marathon at Sydney which will be tough."