Up at sparrows to get to the bay and set everything up for the timing. As previously posted no real plans or preconceptions as to what I'd do so just lined up at the start near Springer to try and keep the 40 min group in sight at least to begin with. Colin also started near me and at the 1km mark we were about 5m behind Springer but in a seemingly slow time of around 4:20!
Around here Mr G loomed up on my shoulder and we had a quick chat. Colin slowly disappeared into the distance over the next couple of km. Through this time I was pretty much running by myself but could sense others nearby. Sure enough as we headed back out for the second big lap a few familiar faces slowly went past, including spud, Charles C, Barry R. As we went round the 2nd lap Mr G slowly went past also but I managed to hold him pretty much at about 10-15m.
Heading into the last km or so I could percieve I was gaining on him and sure enough slowly reeled him in, as we went up the last little climb I would have only been 1m away but he would have heard me, and also seen my shadow and just picked it up enough to hold me off.
Splits
1km 4:21 4:21 - a bit slow for a change
2km 4:02 8:23 - thats better!
3km 4:04 12:27
4km 4:20 16:47 - who said this was a flat course??
5km 4:04 20:51 - back on track
6km 4:16 25:07 - I think Mr G went past here
7km 4:16 29:23
8km 4:26 33:49 - that damn hill again...
9km 4:22 38:11 - legs feeling dead
10km 3:56 42:07 - chasing G Man :)
All up I'm actually fairly pleased with the run, no taper and a lot of running recently. Lack of speed showed a little but as the endurance increases I should see a natural lift in ability to maintain speed.
No comments:
Post a Comment