Pfitzinger's schedule now calls for VO2Max type training and gues what, this means intervals. After a failed attempt to get up early this sees me headed off to the gym to run on the treadmill for the first time in a while. The program called for 5 x 1200 @ 5km race pace with 2:30 rest. I decided to "modify" this a little and do 1000m reps.
My 5km pace is roughly 3:50 and this is what I have done these before at.About halfway through the third rep I was really struggling and so stopped then I realised that I had also lifted the slope of the treadmill by a couple of degrees and that probably had an effect. Determined to continue I dropped the slope back down but also eased the pace a little to 4:00 min/km and kept going.
Finished with 7 x 1km reps and a 5km warm up/down. Was really trashed after this, a good session but it was obvious I have not done one like this for a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment