Sunday, July 31, 2005

July Summary

Wow, a pretty big month!

Around 100km more than I have run in a month before. Pretty happy overall, stuck as close as possible to the schedule, dropped a couple of recovery days and I think 1 or 2 more serious sessions due to niggles but felt this was warranted.

The body is holding up pretty well and now comes some faster stuff and more races over August, well lots with SS 10km, City to Surf and Willy to Billy in the next 3 weeks and then the taper starts.

Highlights - consistent training at a level I have not done before, especially compared to last year when I went into mid winter hibernation

Lowlights - maybe not as much speed as I would have liked and also some lack of confidence over potential injuries

Total for month 402km, average pace of 5:05 min/km

1 comment:

Aki said...

Hope all keeps going well for you. The increase sounds scary.