Saturday, July 30, 2005

End of week

Friday 29/7
A funny session scheduled today, a 16km recovery run? Anyway opted out of a morning run and took advantage of a afternoon meeting to get home a little earlier and head out. One of my stock standard courses for this, but for these Friday afternoon runs I always seem to feel fresh and this was no excepttion. Held myself back with tomorrow in mind but still ran well.

14.3km in 1:09:07 (avg pace 4:50 and avg hr 161) so a little short but I think achieved the intent.

Saturday 20/7
CR 5km Challenge
As I posted on CR, no real expectations given my diet of long runs and pretty much no speed work for some time. Decided to head out with the 20 minute bunch, a couple of guys shot out pretty fast and I loitered behind professor for the first km. Kept the pace going in the 2nd km but started to struggle as Don Juan drew up and then went past just at the 3km mark. Colin did likewise just before 4km and I tried to hold him in reach as I struggled home.

Did not look at my splits at all druing the run but they were
1km 3:49 3:49
2km 3:50 7:39
3km 3:58 11:37
4km 4:01 15:38
5km 4:00 19:38
23 seconds outside my PB but nothing left on the course and I'm sure once I start sharpening the base I've been building things will happen.

Weekly summary
89km for the week, with only the Monday session missed and not doing the STaR so that seems ok. I've started using SportTracks which is a freeware training log that is compatible with the Garmin. It is better than the Traiing Centre software supplied by Garmin and tells me that my weekly average pace was 4:58 for those 89km. The much discussed Parrot Predictor indicates a 3:03:55 potential marathon time. Amazing what happens to that with a race or 2 and a speed session!

So 6 weeks to go and it will be hectic with pretty much a race every weekend from now till Sept 11, but no real tapering as the end game stays in play. These include the Striders Lane Cove 10km, City to Surf, Willy to Billy, another CR 5km and another Striders 10km!!!

No comments: