Tuesday, July 05, 2005

General Aerobic + Speed

Nice description from Pfitzinger for this run. What it means is a total of around 14km which includes 10 x 100m strides.

Since I'm on holidays and starying up late watching the Tour I headed out at around lunchtime. Ran up to Lane Cove Road and went into LCNP at the top gates, all the way through the park over the weir and then continue down along the east bank of Lane Cove River through the golf course and bush to Rotary Field. By the time I got there I was about 12.5km into my run.

Doing 100m strides with already a little fatigue in the legs was interesting, not bothering to collate splits more interested in trying to maintain form and float, then have a 100m jog recovery around the bend before another fast hit out.

Finished that off and again felt the lactic acid in the legs climbing up the hill back home.

Stats 14.9km all up in 1:13:12, gives avg pace of 4:54 and avg HR of 165.

Almost forgot, went to see the witch doctor yesterday, some serious accupuncture to the rh calf/shin which he also seemed to think was the cause behind my rh foot soreness. Every needle he used hit the mark which was quite impressive.

Long one tomorrow as the base building continues.

No comments: